Ultimate Auto are proud to be the exclusive UK suppliers of ClearPlex™ windscreen protection film, a revolutionary patented automotive glass protection film developed in the US and used worldwide. ClearPlex™ is used by NASA as the only authorised screen protection for use on the International Space Station!
ClearPlex™ is as hard as glass, and provides a unique, economically sound solution to the problems of automotive glass damage and replacement, and vehicle integrity and safety.
ClearPlex™ is the first and only optically-clear protection film for windscreens. It is multi-layered and hand coated, designed to ensure optimum strength and durability for ultra-effective results on the road. ClearPlex™ absorbs the impact of standard road hazards and harsh conditions, significantly reducing the occurrence of stone chips, pitting and cracks, and maintaining glass in pristine condition. Impacts which shatter unprotected glass leave only a minimal pin-point on the film, preserving its optical clarity.
ClearPlex™ film is used on racecars, police, military and stunt cars for the ultimate in protection! It has also featured on television on 'Jay Leno's Garage', and the 'Late Show with David Letterman'.
ClearPlex™ is an innovative and technologically advanced film, with the following benefits:
- impact and scratch resistant - designed to take what the road dishes out. Impacts which shatter unprotected glass leave only a minimal marks on the film
- reduces heat & UV - UV stabilisers in the film reduce heat and prolong the life of your interior by protecting from fading. The vehicle and passengers are protected from 99.9% of both UVA and UVB rays
- reduces glare - helps reduce glare thanks to its polarised finish, making driving a much more comfortable experience
- improves visibility - allows for faster run-off of rain, snow and other elements, making your view in poor weather conditions clearer
- provides safety - absorbs the impact of road hazards and keeps the glass and structural integrity intact, providing peace of mind for you and your passengers
- protects vehicle value - reducing road and accident damage protects the value of your investment
- provides long term protection - protects the superior original factory-fitted windscreen to avoid future weakening and vulnerability issues caused by windscreen repair or replacement
- economical - keeps vehicles on the road optimally, and helps meet business fleet management objectives
- environmentally friendly - provides a sustainable solution to windshield repair and avoids the unnecessary pollution of broken windscreen glass in landfills
- removable - can be removed and replaced as necessary to offer continued optimal protection, and comes with a warranty
ClearPlex™ protects windows on all types of vehicles:
- personal-use cars for family and work
- luxury vehicles that benefit from protecting all of the valuable surfaces that are difficult to repair and replace
- fleets vehicles for rental use and for use in companies, government, schools and public transportation
- water craft, especially for use on salt water, reducing scratching and fogging, and helping windows retain their transparency
- as well as home, shop and office windows to help prevent damage, break-ins, and reduce heat, glare and UV
about our windscreen protection
ClearPlex™ is thermally fitted to every curve of the windscreen, forming a bond with the glass. Like glass, it is scratch-resistant and stands up to everyday abrasions, such as windshield wipers.
The windscreen is responsible for about 20% of a vehicle's structural integrity. An intact windscreen can prevent a vehicle roof from collapsing in an overturn, and it can help to keep passengers inside the car. ClearPlex™ film can help to preserve a windscreen in an accident, thereby protecting the vehicle occupants, as well as the vehicle itself.
Installing ClearPlex™ can take less than half an hour by our certified installers! Due to the small surface area requiring treatment, we are able to visit you at your preferred location, or offer a while-you-wait service at our workshop in Cambridge; whichever fits your schedule best.